Wednesday, April 4, 2012

State of the Backlog April 2012

So far my goals system has been working out ok, though the second half of March was a complete failure.  I have decided to go for goals being for the whole month as opposed to half a month increments.  The end of March and early April have/will be bad for new games.  The end of March saw two indie bundles plus a freebie from gog.com.  So far early April has seen Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Capsized purchased.  Originally I was going to wait on XIII-2 until I finished XIII, but it was on sale for $40 instead of the normal $60, so I picked it up.  Capsized was on sale for $2.50 on Steam.  Coming still in the next few days is Xenoblades Chronicles (preorder) and SSX (Easter Gift) as well as the possibility of another freebie from gog.com as they hinted at a gift being given out on 4-5-2012.

For the month of April I would like to do the following.

1). Finish Mass Effect 2.  This has been in progress for a while and I know I am getting close to the end. Only a few Loyalty missions left and some side quests before Omega 4.  Once this is done, I will probably go back to FFXIII since the onus is on to finish that with enough time left in the year to finish XIII-2 as well.
2). Finish the two indie bundles.  This includes Avadon, Snuggle Truck, Zen Bound 2, Hard Reset and Vertex Dispenser.
3). Play through Capsized and Treasure Adventure Game.  Possibly also the thank you freebie from gog.com, depending on if it is a game and what game it is.
4). Finish SBCGFAP.  Wanted to finish it last month, but didn't.  Also would like to finish Gemini Rue and open another starter cookie, but that isn't a priority.
5). Get a Beat on SSX.  I don't think this will take long.  And it is one of those games that I see myself going back to from time to time to kill time ect.
6). Make significant progress on Xenoblades.  I do not see myself beating this in April.  From all accounts a single play through can take up to 120 hours depending on how much you do and with my sporadic play habits and the fact that I like to work on multiple games means this will take some time.  I would like to finish it before Last Story comes out in Mid June.
7). The overall goal for the month will be to get my unifinshed back below 340, which is where it was before the indie bundles came and spoiled my parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment