Sunday, April 29, 2012

May Goals and Such

Well, let me just say this up front.  If there is anyway for me to not want to play a certain game it is to set it specifically as a goal to beat.  So, for May I am going to be a bit more general in my goals.  Overall I would like to get my unbeaten down below 340, though with currently being at 348 and with two guaranteed and one other possible addition coming, that may be a stretch.

I also decided to change how I handle DLC.  I had been counting each DLC that had objectives as a :U:, but I decided that unless the DLC has significant content to it then it will just count towards completion of the main game.  For example, all the DLC except Awakening for Dragon Age are this way now, as are both DLC for Mass Effect.  Awakening is the exception here since it is really a fully realized expansion.  I am keeping the Borderlands DLC except Mad Moxie's as :U: since they all have significant length to them and are story driven.  Mad Moxie's is more of a challenge map type DLC and thus will only count for completion of the main game.  The last one I would like to comment on are the Civ DLC.  While the campaigns in these DLC aren't necessarily long, they change the core game significantly with special rules and have multiple factions each, thus earning :U: status.

During the next month, I will be adding two, possibly three games to my backlog.  I will try to avoid what happened towards the end of this month with the random purchases of the Metal Gear Solid HD pack, Batman, Assassin's Creed II and Sonic Generations.  I did also purchase the original Assassin's Creed for PS3, but since I already had it on another system, it just changed my primary copy.

Definite additions will be Diablo 3 on May 15th and Batman: Arkham City GOTY at the end of the month.  D3 is coming free since I signed up for the annual WoW pass.  Batman is preordered, and may even spark a hard mode run of Arkham Asylum leading up to its release.  The possible purchase is Legend of Grimrock.  I have heard nothing but good things about this game and have always wanted to try a dungeon crawler.  Also, it is made by a Finnish studio and I am part Finn.  I may also be adding the DLC for Assassin's Creed II if I get to that this month, though they will count for completion of the main game, not seperate :U:s

As for what I am playing currently, I am still going through my RPG rotation, though Avadon seems to be skipped a lot.  I am getting towards the home stretch of Final Fantasy XIII and am making steady progress in Xenoblade.  Though I will say Xenoblade will not be done before Last Story comes out. I would like to finish Avadon before then so Last Story can have the third slot in the RPG/long game rotation since I fully expect XIII-2 take XIII's spot.

So while my general goal is to beat around 10 games or so (yeah right) I would like to specifically make progress on getting both Steam and GoG under 60 :U: and beat some of my new games for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment