Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Update: Keeping the Train Rolling

Just a quick update.  Since my last post I have put another few hours into Mass Effect.  I will write another post when there is something to write about though.  I decided to tackle one of the main story missions and am still in the middle of corporate wasteland.  Want to wait till I finish that mission before posting an update on that.

As for Radiant Historia, I haven't played it much recently.  Just over 3 hours since I started this blog and 6 hours total.  Its not that I don't like the game.  Its more that playing it requires at least an hour per session and when I have that sort of time I either want to fire up Mass Effect or my guild mates in WoW want me to log on and run some dungeon with them.  Hopefully I will get around to playing this more though, so I can keep my posting varied between the games I am playing.  I also plan to decide on a Wii and possibly a PS1 game to throw into the mix as well.

Thirdly, I have heard rumor on the internet the the 3rd Humble Indie Bundle is coming tomorrow.  This means more games for my backlog really.  It is a pay what you want pack of indie games where part of the proceeds go to charities and you get to decide how the money you spend is divided.  The third installation of the bundle will include Trine, Shadow Grounds and Shadow Grounds: Survivor.  Also included is the prototype for Jack Claw and a pre-order for Splot.   Honestly, Trine is the only one here that hold any interest for me, but the cause is good, so I still plan on purchasing the bundle.  Of course I will give each game a fair chance before I decide if it is something I like.  If not, I will null it, no big deal.

This also gives me an idea for a future project, probably when Mass Effect is done, or Mass Effect 2 if I decide to continue that series.  And that would be to put at least 6 hours or beat every game from all three indie bundles.  Of course, games that were included in incomplete states will not have to meet my normal rules, though I may play them enough to post about them once.  Games under this category would include Cortex Command (campaign mode has yet to be released), Jack Claw (only a playable prototype at the moment) and Spots (I don't think there is even a playable prototype out yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment